People evacuated from Fujairah villa after fire

People evacuated from Fujairah villa after fire
The case has been referred to the bodies concerned for taking the legal procedures.

Ras Al Khaimah/ Fujairah - The blaze started on the first floor at a villa located in Habhab area of Fujairah, close to Ras Al Khaimah.



The Ras Al Khaimah Civil Defence safely evacuated people from a two-storey villa after a massive broke out in one of the rooms. The blaze started on the first floor at a villa located in Habhab area of Fujairah, close to Ras Al Khaimah.
Brigadier Mohammed Abdullah Al Zaabi, director-general of the RAK Civil Defence, said they arrived at the site after being alerted to the fire. "Our firefighters contained the fire using foam and water, sucked out the smoke, and prevented the flames from spreading to nearby houses."
He said the case has been referred to the bodies concerned for taking the legal procedures.
"Smoke detectors are life-saving gadgets and should be functioning properly for rescue teams can take action, and prevent human casualties and financial loss." 
In January, Fujairah had witnessed a tragic fire where seven children of an Emirati family were suffocated to death.

Fire safety at home 

Emirati nationals and residents in Ras Al Khaimah affirmed that smoke and fire detectors have become a must every house.
Jassim Al Tunaiji, an Emirati national based in Ras Al Khaimah, said he knew well about the fire safety procedures. 
"Smoke detectors are life-saving gadgets and do help detect and curb fire in time."
Abdullah Al Shamali, an Emirati resident of Al Rams area, said he has given training to his kids on how to use the fire extinguishers. "Every house must be equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, and all family members should know how to use them. Adnan Abdullah, a Jordanian resident of Al Nak-heel area, said: "Electric heaters, cell phones chargers, and electric devices with heavy loads must be switched off before going to sleep."
LPG cylinders must be tightly closed after cooking to avoid gas leak risks, he added. 
ahmedshaaban@khaleejtimes.com
 


More news from UAE