11 Dubai traffic fines you may not know about
Did you know there is a fine for driving a noisy vehicle, or for using interior lights without any reason?
We consciously reduce the speed of our cars around radars, pay special attention at pedestrian crossings, and slow down as soon as the green traffic light starts blinking -- to avoid traffic fines.
But there are also some traffic fines most of us don't know about, such as a fine for driving a noisy vehicle, or a taxi refusing to carry passengers.
We list out some of them for you (click here for the complete list):
1. Opening the left door of taxi - Dh100 fine and three black points
2. Broken indicator lights - Dh100 fine and two black points
3. Driving without spectacles or contact lenses - Dh100 fine
4. Using interior lights for no reason while driving - Dh100 fine
5. Using horn in a disturbing way - Dh100 and two black points
6. Not carrying driving license while driving - Dh100 fine
7. Number plates with unclear numbers - Dh200 and three black points
8. Not giving way for vehicles to pass on the left - Dh200
9. Driving with one number plate - Dh200 and two black points
10. Driving with tires in poor condition - Dh200 and vehicle confiscated for seven days
11. Writing phrases or placing stickers on vehicle without permission - Dh200
With this, the airline will now be flying to 12 points in nine... READ MORE
Access to the facility will only be granted via prior online booking. READ MORE
There has been an increased investment in education, training and... READ MORE
With 4,000 requests, Fatwa services topped the list for the first... READ MORE
Limited number of fully vaccinated fans will be allowed to attend the ... READ MORE
The vaccine's positive psychological effects are likely to kick in a... READ MORE
The PCB says it will now work with the New Zealand board to... READ MORE
Residents can travel to more countries now as borders reopen. READ MORE