7 reasons UAE is the perfect example of tolerance
Tolerance is one of the core values of the UAE society, derived from Islam, from the noble Arabian traditions and heritage and also from the wisdom and legacy of the late founding father.
The UAE and its leadership and people are a melting pot of tolerance, cohesion, respect and acceptance of others.
Tolerance is one of the core values of the UAE society, derived from Islam, from the noble Arabian traditions and heritage and also from the wisdom and legacy of the late founding father, Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
These are the seven pillars of tolerance that UAE keeps close to its heart:
1. Islam: Evidence and examples that encourage commend tolerance and stories that reject fanaticism, extremism and racism are abundant in the Holy Quran, the Prophet's Sunna and the Islamic history.
2. The UAE Constitution: The UAE Constitution encourages equality, freedom, respect and indiscrimination, especially in Articles 32, 25 and 40.
3. Zayed's Legacy - UAE Ethics: The UAE society has been known for its genuine tradition in terms of tolerance, peace, cultural pluralism, openness and coexistence. This legacy was further nurtured by the late Shaikh Zayed and the founding fathers. The wise leadership is following in their footsteps.
4. International conventions: The UAE is committed to the conventions of the United Nations which has proclaimed 1995 the Year for Tolerance and declared principles on tolerance in the same year. A special day, November 16, was set as the International Day for Tolerance.
5. Archeology and history: The UAE is rich in archeologies and testimonies and the collective memory of the UAE people is plentiful in historical stories that highlight tolerance as a genuine value of the people before and after the Federation.
6. Human nature: It is a human common sense to get to know and accept and live with others without hate, malice or enmity. The Almighty says: (O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another.)
7. Common values: Nations share many values, principles and interests that ensures understanding, cooperation, solidarity, respect and tolerance for all.
A group of Emirati designers are finalising the location for this new ... READ MORE
Cancer is a bigger epidemic than Covid-19 globally if we analyse the... READ MORE
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and Moroccan-French activist... READ MORE
Residents have been asked to report any non-compliance with Covid... READ MORE
Full list of eligible residents; how to book appointments: All you... READ MORE
Ahmed worked for more than 40 years as the secretary for Sheikh Zayed. READ MORE
Their visas must have been issued in Dubai READ MORE
Fines range from Dh50,000 to Dh1 million for 26 violations READ MORE