Pavilion premiere: Expo 2020 opens to public
The Expo 2020 Thematic Pavilion is now open and ready to wow residents and tourists.
Expo 2020, one of the most anticipated events of the year, is set to officially open its doors in Dubai on October 1 this year. While we may have to wait to see some of the magnificent pavilions set up by countries from all over the globe in due time, the venue is giving us a sneak peek at one of its Thematic Pavilions.
Starting today, visitors can explore Terra - The Sustainability Pavilion, which features on-site activities that include live entertainment, F&B options and a children's play area. Access to Alif - The Mobility Pavilion and Mission Possible - The Opportunity Pavilion will follow in the coming weeks. The whole experience is scheduled until April 10.
All set to explore?
- Head over to www.expo2020dubai.com and reserve your preferred date and time via its ticket section. Admissions cost Dh25 per person and are non-refundable. Children under five years old, seniors above 60, and People of Determination and a companion enter free, but still, need to reserve the "Sustainability Free" ticket and show eligibility on-site.
- Show up at least 30 minutes before your reservation (pre-booking is mandatory). You can either print the ticket or have the QR code clearly displayed on your smartphone.
- Complete on-site registration, security screening and temperature checks then wait by the pavilion entrance.
- Once open, you can freely tour around Terra - The Sustainability Pavilion. If clicking photos, don't forget to tag #Expo2020. You can also pick up official Expo 2020 souvenirs, merchandise, and maybe a commemorative 20-gramme gold coin (Check out www.amazon.ae/expo2020dubai to browse in advance).
- 192 countries are expected to showcase their expertise
- The venue is divided into three themes - sustainability, mobility and opportunity.
- Expo 2020 this year coincides with the UAE's 50th anniversary celebrations.
TIP: The Terra experience is expected to be around 45 minutes to an hour long. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, as there is much to see and do at the site. The interiors are air-conditioned while outdoors is bound to be sunny. Carry a light cardigan or jacket, and a pair of sunglasses, hat and sunscreen.