"There are actually steps you can take to rebuild your confidence, even when you're struggling to feel self-assured," says Susie Moore, a motivational speaker, best-selling author and life coach. "Confidence is a real-life super power that affects every aspect of your life, from your relationships to your career and social life, but it's also more attainable than you think."
Moore shares tips on how you can be your most confident self and live a fulfilled, unconditional life:
* Tap the power of words and positive thinking by starting every day with an uplifting mantra. Positive self-talk such as "I am loveable. I am worthy. I am enough" can help boost confidence levels. Make a conscious decision to be more kind and gentle with yourself every day.
* Practise a strong pose and smile to help enhance your sense of confidence. Confidence is all about attitude. Making these small physical changes can immediately impact how self-assured you feel in any situation.
* Make self-care non-negotiable. Take time to listen to your body and give it what it needs to help you feel confident. Spend time alone, be it in a café or during a long walk, as this will help you understand yourself better. Not knowing what you want can be troublesome over a long period of time.
* Keep your mind and body active. Being busy leaves you little time to overthink, so fill your life with activities you enjoy. Yoga, visiting friends, reading, cooking, going for walks or even organising your closet all count!
* Speak with intention. The way you talk impacts your mood, your confidence and how other people perceive you. When you use verbiage like "I'll try" or "I don't think I can," you're really allowing yourself permission to feel unconfident. Instead, build confidence and commitment with statements like "I will" and "I know I can."
* Don't overcomplicate things or allow yourself to be distracted by unimportant things. Focus on your daily objectives and long-term goals by cultivating a clear and positive vision of how you want your life to be.
* Listen to, but don't heed negative opinions of others. Always remember that your positive attitude and vision are more important than anyone else's negative thoughts.
* Be sure to reserve time and energy for your own priorities. Busy lives mean we can get bogged down with commitments to others, and while those things are important, it's vital to take care of yourself and your own priorities first. Build your schedule around the time you need for your own goals and let everything else fit in around that.
"Confidence is an almost-magical quality that can help you lead your best, most fulfilled life and - more importantly - it's in your grasp!" Moore says.
He belied his humble origins to become the Chairman and CEO of Century Financial
As back to school season arrives, three mum influencers share their journey of getting the kids ready and making sure they fly out of the nest, safe and happy
Being touted as one of the high-selling artists on Beatport, Kolev has had several hits
We speak to local experts on what makes reading an important, nourishing activity
If you’re one of the long-term residents who claims to have visited Salalah before and would like to write it off as ‘been there and done that,’ then you’ll have to rethink
The recent edition of that took place on August 5 showcased influential voices from the industry, who are making their mark