Narratiive Tags - Khaleej Times Desktop
Legal View

What to do if employer refuses to pay dues after resignation

Ashish Mehta
Filed on June 21, 2020
employer, resignation, UAE law. job, legal view, case, court

One may file an execution case for enforcement of a judgment pronounced by a court.

Question: I resigned from my job in November 2019 due to non-payment of salary for eight months by my employer. I registered a case against my employer in December 2019. On March 31, 2020, I got a verdict in my favour after several court hearings. Currently, I am going through a financial crisis and my only hope of survival is getting the money from the case, which I still haven't. What are the legal options available to me in this scenario?


We assume that the judgment pronounced in your favour on March 31, 2020 was issued by the First Instance Court of the emirate where you had filed the case against your employer. You and your employer had 30 days to file an appeal against the verdict pronounced by the First Instance Court. It is further assumed that neither of you filed an appeal against the judgment and it is the final verdict. Now you may file an execution case for enforcement of the judgment in order to receive the amount from your employer.
Know the law

One may file an execution case for enforcement of a judgment pronounced by a court

Ashish Mehta is the founder and Managing Partner of Ashish Mehta & Associates. He is qualified to practise law in Dubai, the United Kingdom and India. Full details of his firm on: Readers may e-mail their questions to: or send them to Legal View, Khaleej Times, PO Box 11243, Dubai.

ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
MORE FROM Khaleej Times
CurrentRequestUnmodified: /apps/pbcs.dll/article?avis=KT&date=20200628&category=ARTICLE&lopenr=200418402&Ref=AR&profile=1097 macro_action: article, macro_profile: , macro_adspot:
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios khaleejtimes - HUAWEI AppGallery