Rest of Asia
Logo
 

17-year-old girl electrocuted after charging her phone with frayed extension cable

Web Report
Filed on November 5, 2019
mobile phone , charging, extension cable, death

(Photo: Alamy)

The teenager was killed instantly and was found lying still in her bedroom by her mother.

A 17-year-old girl from Thailand was electrocuted while playing on her mobile phone which was plugged into the charger using a damaged cable.

Nong Ying, from Chaiyaphum in northeastern Thailand, was using her mobile phone on her bed which had metal frames.

According to reports in Daily Mail, the girl suffered an electric shock after her frayed extension cable, which was wrapped with duct tape, came in contact with one of the legs of the metal bed.

The teenager was killed instantly and was found lying still in her bedroom by her mother Boonpeng Tuponchai, 47. The grieving mother said that she thought her daughter was asleep on the floor and tried to wake her up but felt a minor electrical shock when she touched her body.

Investigating officer, Police Captain Khanti Peansoongnern, said, "I think the old power strip provided an electrical leakage which ran to the bed, either through the soil on the ground, or directly touching the metal."


ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
MORE FROM International
MORE FROM Khaleej Times
CurrentRequestUnmodified: /international/rest-of-asia/north-korea-tests-first-icbm-experts-say-alaska-within-range macro_action: article, macro_profile: , macro_adspot:
 
 
 
 
 
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios