Man dies as mobile phone explodes while being charged
He was sleeping when the incident happened.
A 22-year-old man died after his mobile phone exploded while charging in Odisha's Jagatsinghpur district, police said on Monday.
The mobile phone exploded while the youth was sleeping in a room in Paradip on Sunday night, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Kuna Pradhan, a native of Ranpur village of Nayagarh district in the state.
He was engaged as a labourer in the construction of Jagannath temple in Paradip. The temple is being constructed by the Jagannath Truck Owners Association.
President of the association, Chhaila Chandra Jena, said he rushed to the spot after getting information around 5am and informed the police.
The Jagatsinghpur police registered a case and sent the body for post mortem.
India with 67,385 tops the list. READ MORE
The SMS services have been restored from midnight on December 31. READ MORE
People gathered in and around a makeshift stage chanting slogans and... READ MORE
The incident took place when the car stopped at a petrol pump for... READ MORE
Revelers were treated to a spectacular riot of colours in the sky... READ MORE
Hundreds of thousands of spectators witnessed the 13-minute long... READ MORE
The country will also experience fog and mist formations, especially... READ MORE
KT has had a Happiness Editor on our rolls since 2015 whose job it is ... READ MORE