Narratiive Tags - Khaleej Times Desktop
India
Logo
 

Woman gets electrocuted with earphones while listening to music

Web Report/Chennai
Filed on May 7, 2018
Woman gets electrocuted with earphones while listening to music

(AFP)

The incident was reported from Kanathur on Saturday.

A 46-year-old woman in India was electrocuted after she fell asleep with her earphones on. The woman was listening to music and had slept off.  

The incident was reported from Kanathur on Saturday.

According to the Times of India, Fatima's husband discovered her motionless body and informed the police.

"Fathima's husband Abdul Kalam saw her in bed and tried to wake her up but in vain," a police officer was quoted saying.

"He was alarmed when she showed no sign of life and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where doctors pronounced her dead on arrival."

The woman's body was sent to Government Royapettah Hospital for autopsy where doctors confirmed that she died of electrocution.

"The woman had gone to sleep while wearing the headphones on Saturday night," the officer said, adding that a short-circuit may have caused the electrocution.


ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
MORE FROM World
MORE FROM Khaleej Times
CurrentRequestUnmodified: /international/india/Kerala-floods:-Death-toll-touches-167,-rescue-operation-continues macro_action: article, macro_profile: , macro_adspot:
 
 
 
 
 
 
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios khaleejtimes - HUAWEI AppGallery