26-year-old dies after mobile phone falls into bath
She was found dead by her mother.
Recent death of a 26-year-old woman in Russia adds to the alarming spate of tragic deaths caused by electrocution in the bath while charging mobile phones.
Evgenia Shulyatyeva, an accountant, 'slipped' her mobile phone into her bath tub and was electrocuted to death. Her mother Vera, 53, rushed to Shulyatyeva's home when she didn't respond to her messages and found her dead in the bath.
According to reports in Metro.co.uk, it is not clear if Shulyatyeva was using the device at the time of the accident, but it is believed to have 'slipped' into the tub while on charge.
Described as being bright by one of her friends, Shulyatyeva's death is being probed by Russian Investigative Committee, local reports claimed.
Similar deaths in Russia
In August, an unnamed ten-year-old schoolgirl dropped her phone in the bath while it was plugged in at her home in Serov.
Similarly in June, Liliya Novikova who was an internationally recognised poker star died after suffering a suspected electric shock in her bathroom.
In April a supermarket worker known only as Anastasia, 20, was found dead holding her phone in the bath at her home in southern Moscow by her mother.
A week earlier, Yulia Vysotskaya, 14, from Cheboksary, died when her phone slipped out of her hands into the bath.
In December, Russian martial arts champion, Irina Rybnikova, 15, died instantly when using her iPhone, which was plugged into a charger, while in the tub at her home in Bratsk, Siberia.
Distin said she lost the wallet in 1975, when she was in her early... READ MORE
Micro blogging site also has to face the consequences as per the IT... READ MORE
Along with the envoy, British expatriates living in the UAE and... READ MORE
A landslide warning also had been issued for some districts. READ MORE
More than 55.2 million PCR tests have been conducted across the... READ MORE
The rules come into effect from July 1. READ MORE
The recently announced change in protocols will go into effect on... READ MORE
Authorities also clarified whether passengers who took the Covishield ... READ MORE