Lately, gym outlets have been popping up all over the city so there’s no better time to sign up for a membership and make good use of the encouraging facilities. The gym can be a great motivator for those who need that extra push to start getting in shape and with summer approaching, it’s time to find yourself some fitness buddies and work together towards achieving a healthier lifestyle. For some quick tips, check out these routines.
Salmon is considered to be one of nature’s “superfoods” due to its rich omega-3 fatty acid content which is known to support brain function, prevent heart disease, reduce high blood pressure and even reduce depression. For those looking to get lean, salmon is also a great source of protein, lower in fat and calories than chicken and beef. If you’re really looking to shed some pounds, salmon should be an essential part of your diet and it’s super easy to cook. From grilled to baked varieties, adding this delicious fish to your diet at least twice a week will work wonders for your waistline.
STANDING CABLE PRESSDOWNS (TRICEPS)
1) Take a few steps back from the machine and using an overhand grip, space your hands on the bar (or rope as picture) slightly less than shoulder-with apart. You can also perform this movement with one foot in front of the other if it feels more comfortable.
2) Lean forward and start with the bar (or rope) touching your forehead. With force, drive the weight down to your waist by extending your elbows. Make sure to keep your elbows close to your sides at all times.
3) Once you have locked your elbows out at the bottom, squeeze your triceps and then return the bar back to the starting position by touching your forehead. Make sure to move naturally throughout this movement by leaning forward as you drive the weight down to your waist.
SQUATS (LEGS AND LOWER BODY)
1) Stand and spread your legs apart just slightly so they are even with your shoulders. Point your toes outward. Relax your body and push your shoulders back to maintain good posture.
2) Tighten your abdominal muscles so that you are working out another muscle group, keeping your tummy tight and tucked in as much as possible.
3) Palce the weight bar across your shoulders and grip the bar firmly with both hands
4) Bend your body in a sitting motion as if you are sitting on a stool without sitting completely down. You should feel the strain and stretch of your leg muscles as you bend.
5) Hold that position for a few seconds and return to your upright position.
STATIONARY BICYCLE (CARDIO)
For anyone looking to slim down or maintain a healthy weight, aerobic exercise is your strongest weapon against excess calories. Stationary cycling, which increases the resistance placed on the muscles of your legs and helps your body efficiently burn calories, should be in everyone’s gym routine. Experts suggest you do 150 minutes of moderately intense exercise weekly. This can include a mixture of cycling and other aerobic activities like jogging, swimming, hiking or an elliptical trainer.
Exercises courtesy of Red Dragon Gym fitness instructor Payam Mofarrahi.
The agreement is the first bilateral trade deal between the Gulf and South America
Around 320 of 760 flights planned for Saturday had been cancelled so far