One room in furniture shop gutted in fire

DUBAI - A fire broke out in a used furniture shop behind Bani Yas Square in Freej Eyal Naser area early on Monday evening.

By (By a staff reporter)

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Tue 27 Apr 2004, 9:29 AM

Last updated: Mon 17 Jul 2023, 3:03 PM

The fire started at 5.46pm after a pile of highly flammable wooden and plastic furniture items, displayed outside the shop on the pavement, caught fire. The fire spread to the shop and gutted one room.

A Dubai Civil Defence fire safety inspection team happened to be in the area at the time of the fire and managed to respond quickly to the fire. The team arrived at the site of the accident within three minutes of getting the call.


"Although the fire was put out in seven minutes, the type of flammable material in the shop caused a lot of thick black smoke to billow out, making the fire appear bigger than it really was.

It is fortunate that we had a team in the area otherwise it would have taken longer to reach the fire as there was a lot of traffic on the roads," a civil defence source said.


One firefighting unit from Hamriya fire station responded to the accident.



More news from World