Enjoy our faster App experience

UAE strongly condemns Houthis' drone attack bid on Saudi Arabia

Dubai - The Arab coalition intercepted and destroyed three drones launched from Yemen’s Hodeidah province.



Arab coalition spokesperson Col. Turki Al Malki. — File photo
Arab coalition spokesperson Col. Turki Al Malki. — File photo

By Web Report

Published: Sat 16 Jan 2021, 1:12 PM

Last updated: Sat 16 Jan 2021, 1:18 PM

The UAE has strongly condemned attempts by the Iran-backed Houthi militia to launch armed drone attacks on Saudi Arabia. The Arab coalition intercepted and destroyed the three drones launched from Yemen’s Hodeidah province.

In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation stressed its “full solidarity” with Saudi Arabia in dealing with these “cowardly terrorist attacks”.

The ministry said the security and stability of the UAE and Saudi Arabia are linked and that any threat facing the Kingdom is considered a threat to its own security.

Arab coalition spokesperson Col. Turki Al Malki had said on Friday that the Houthis continue to violate the Stockholm Agreement and the cease-fire in Hodeidah.

The US State Department last week announced Washington’s plans to designate the Houthi militia a terrorist organisation and to include three of its leaders — Abdul Malik Al Houthi, Abd Al Khaliq Badr Al Din Al Houthi, and Abdullah Yahya Al Hakim — on the global terrorists list.


More news from Gulf