UAE expat critical after inhaling chemical during AC repair


UAE expat critical, AC repair, Sharjah, uae summer

Sharjah - "He passed out after falling from the ladder."


Afkar Ali Ahmed

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Wed 9 Oct 2019, 2:54 PM

Last updated: Wed 9 Oct 2019, 4:58 PM

A 52-year-old Nepalese worker is fighting for his life in the ICU of a hospital after inhaling a chemical material which he used during maintenance of the air-conditioning system in a building in Al Qasimiya area. The worker also received injuries due to the fall from top of the ladder.
"He passed out after falling from the ladder," said his supervisor
The maintenance management firm, which he works for, called national ambulance who arrived at the building and rushed the worker to the hospital.
His co-workers said that that he arrived at work early and was in a fine condition. The worker was asked to use the ladder and carry out cleaning in the cooling system using the chemical.
Police said that they received report from the hospital and launched investigation into the case. Police said they have taken samples of the chemical for analysing it to ensure it is not one of the toxic materials banned in the UAE.

More news from