Boy in UAE dies as mother spills boiling water on him

Top Stories

boiling water, hot water, boy, kid, child, mother, accidentally pours, spill, dies, uae, sharjah, boy in uae, 3-year-old, bangladesh, bangladeshi

Sharjah - The burns affected 33 per cent of the 3-year-old's body.


Afkar Ali Ahmed

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Fri 18 Oct 2019, 4:55 PM

A three-year-old Bangladeshi boy died of severe burns after his mother mistakenly poured boiling water on him. He fought for his life for three days before succumbing to his injuries.
A police report sent by the emergency department of Al Qasimi Hospital said that the child died from severe burns that affected 33 per cent of his body.
According to the police investigation, the mother poured water on the boy by accident while he was with her in the kitchen. She said she was carrying a bowl of boiling water in one hand when her other hand hit the bowl, spilling the water on the boy as he stood next to her.
Immediately after the incident, the child was transported to the Kuwait Hospital in Sharjah. He was then transferred Al Qasimi Hospital, where we underwent surgery. He was kept in the ICU for a day before he passed away.
The medical report obtained by Khaleej Times revealed that the boy died of infection due to the burns on his body, leading to low hemoglobin and blood pressure.

More news from