Woman charged after infant dies of smoke inhalation in UAE

 

Woman charged after infant dies of smoke inhalation in UAE

Fujairah - The police investigation into the incident led to the maid's arrest.

By Web Report

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Thu 10 Jan 2019, 12:53 PM

Last updated: Fri 11 Jan 2019, 11:40 AM

A maid was found guilty of causing a 7-month-old infant to suffocate to death in Fujairah.
The domestic worker had been home alone with her sponsor's children, a 3-year-old and the 7-month-old, as per Al Khaleej report. 
While she was carrying out her duties on the ground floor, a fire broke out in the second floor's air conditioner.
It spread so rapidly, the maid was unable to rescue the infant from the upstairs room where she had left him.
She and the 3-year-old toddler were able to escape the flames. 
The police investigation into the incident led to the maid's arrest. After several hearings in the Court of First Instance, she was found not guilty.
The public prosecution appealed the ruling.  
 


More news from