Police release video of man who killed 11-year-old UAE boy

Police release video of man who killed 11-year-old UAE boy

Abu Dhabi - The CCTV footage shows the killer, luring the boy, disguised as a woman

By Ismail Sebugwaawo

Published: Sun 11 Jun 2017, 5:41 PM

Last updated: Sun 11 Jun 2017, 6:00 PM

Abu Dhabi Police have released video footage of moments before the murder of an 11-year-boy in Abu Dhabi. The video shows the killer and the rope he used to strangle the boy. 
The clip shows him walking with the child while disguising as a woman to the rooftop of a building in Abu Dhabi where he attacked him.
The Abu Dhabi Police exclusively released the video footage to Abu Dhabi Al Emarat's current affairs show Oloum Al Dar which showed the video on Saturday. The footage was shared on Twitter.
The short video shows a person dressed as a woman in abaya while carrying a bag as he enters the building. He walks behind the boy and enters with him in the elevator.
The video also shows a yellow rope that was used by the Pakistani man to strangle the child to death.
The boy identified as Azan Majid went missing on June 1, after he went to a nearby mosque to pray, according to his relatives.
His body was found the next day on the rooftop of the building on the Muroor Road where he was staying with his father.

Abu Dhabi Police on Monday revealed that their initial investigations suggested that the boy was sexually abused and strangled to death. They arrested the 33-year-old Pakistani national suspected of raping and killing the child.
Police had earlier revealed that the man disguised as a woman to lure the boy.
The Pakistani had lured the boy into going with him to the rooftop of a building where he raped him before strangling him to death using a rope.
Police said in a statement released on Tuesday evening that the boy's family knew the man.
Major General Maktoum Al Sharifi, Director-General of Abu Dhabi Police, said the man confessed to them that he disguised as a woman to lie to the boy because he knew his parents always warned him against going with strangers.
Police said the suspect had planned to attack the boy.
The man fled the scene after the heinous act. But the force was able to identify and arrest him.
The case is now with public prosecution.

More news from Crime and Courts