Coronavirus: Abu Dhabi lists guidelines for reopening of hotel swimming pools
The swimming pool at Emirates Palace hotel in Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi - Guidelines include ensuring that employees are coronavirus-free through testing.
The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi has issued a circular detailing coronavirus precautionary measures that must be taken to reopen swimming pools in hotels in Abu Dhabi from Friday (July 17).
The guidelines include ensuring that employees are coronavirus-free through testing and that swimming pools don't exceed a maximum capacity of 50 per cent.
FULL LIST OF GUIDELINES FOR SWIMMING POOLS- Swimming pool water quality test must be conducted before resuming operations
- All staff, including swimming instructors and lifeguards, should undergo Covid-19 testing prior to reopening, and have a test on a bi-weekly basis afterwards
- Temperature checks must be done on all individuals (staff, guests, contractors etc.) before entering the hotel facilities
- Guests, staff or contractors showing flu-like symptoms are to be denied access to the hotel premises
- Number of guests allowed to use the swimming pool at any one time shall not exceed its set capacity of 50%
- Signs detailing the capacity level must be displayed at the entrance
- Sunbeds and loungers are to be placed 2m apart
- Physical distancing markings of 2m should be clearly defined on the ground
- No physical contact between swimmers allowed
- Guests should maintain 2m distance from others at all times inside and outside the pool.
- Members of a single group (up to 4 members) can be seated together
- All guests and staff are required to wear masks at all times, which can only be removed during any activity which requires body and face submersion
- Outside showers can be used and operated, one person at a time
- Changing rooms, lockers and shower facilities are permitted on the condition that cleaning and disinfection is performed after every use and physical distancing must be maintained at all times
- Hand sanitisers must be made available at various locations inside the facility
- All sunbeds/loungers must be sanitised after each guest use
- Ensure cleaning and sanitising of all facilities daily after opening hours
- A clear, colour-coded notification is to be placed on sunbeds/loungers to indicate that the sunbed/lounger is ready to occupy
- Encourage guests to use 'Smart' payments methods