What to do if you or a family member tests coronavirus positive?
The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention issued guidelines on how to take care of a coronavirus positive family member at home.
In case a family member contracts Covid-19, other members living in the same house should not fret about being infected, and instead follow safe caregiving guidelines.
The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) issued guidelines on how to take care of a coronavirus positive family member at home.
MOHAP guidelines for Covid-19 patients at home
1. Sick person must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose, when they are around other people at home and out (even when visiting doctors).
2. Keep 2 meters distance between the person who is sick and other members.
3. Keep people at higher risk separated from anyone who is sick.
4. Keep one person assigned to take care of the person who is sick.
5. Caregivers should wear a medical mask that covers their mouth and nose as well as the gloves when in the same room as the patient.
6. Clean and disinfect surfaces, doorknobs, and other commonly touched surfaces daily.
7. Do not share personal items like phones, dishes, bedding, clothes or toys.
Besides this, the World Health Organization (WHO) also suggests to first keep Covid-19 patients in isolation as much as possible within the home and in a well-ventilated single room.
Biden also ramped up his criticism of the president's handling of the ... READ MORE
The Community Solidarity Fund Against COVID-19 has paid Dh184,040 to... READ MORE
The 'Forrest Gump' and 'Philadelphia' Oscar-winner in March became... READ MORE
PM also announces the extension of a scheme providing free food... READ MORE
Authorities have advised residents to strictly follow preventive... READ MORE
Abu Dhabi to reopen some beaches, parks from July 3. Visitors need to ... READ MORE
Babies safe and healthy; mounting hospital bills worry family as... READ MORE
The reopening procedures involve developing appropriate solutions for ... READ MORE