UAE ready for return of 200,000 residents: Here are the new home and hotel quarantine rules
Residents need to complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine period and must follow all rules whether at home or in a hotel.
Dubai Tourism has issued fresh checklists and guidelines for residents returning to the UAE amid the Covid-19 pandemic, giving them quarantine options either at home or in a hotel.
Residents need to complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine period and must follow all rules and regulations whether at home or in a hotel.
The regulator said residents who choose home quarantine must meet certain criteria that will be verified by the authority. Returning expats will have to install and register Covid19 DXB App and sign an undertaking.
The UAE on Thursday launched an initiative to allow residency visa-holders to return to the country, targeting the return of about 200,000 residents.
Residents who wish to return to the country must first register their request on the website smartservices.ica.gov.ae and secure an approval prior to booking their flight tickets. Khaled Abdullah Belhoul, undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, has said that the next phase will focus on welcoming back the families of UAE residents that were outside the country when global travel restrictions came into effect.
There are strict quarantine requirements that individuals and families will have to meet upon arrival in Dubai. If, for some reason, home quarantine conditions cannot be satisfied, the individual or families will have to book a hotel quarantine upon arrival in Dubai, according to Dubai Tourism.
Upon arrival, everyone will also undergo the regular immigration process and then proceed to the luggage pickup area. Transportation will be organised for those who opt for hotel quarantine or require a transfer to destinations in other emirates. Those opting for home quarantine will need to organise their own transport.
"You will have access to a tele-doctor 24/7 during your quarantine period through a dedicated mobile app," said Dubai Tourism.
Hotel quarantine guidelines
* Travellers who cannot satisfy home quarantine criteria are required to stay in hotel quarantine
* Book 14-day quarantine hotel prior to your travel
* Transportation to quarantine hotel will be organised
* Traveller/s will be required to stay in the room for the entire duration of their quarantine
* Tele-doctor available 24/7 during entire say through mobile app
* People will also be required to clean their own rooms
* If medical condition changes, hotel will inform DHA, who will take the necessary action
* People are required to wear face masks and gloves in public areas
* After 14 days, people will be required to check out
Home Quarantine checklist
* Passengers will be screened for Covid-19 upon arrival at the airport
* Residents must have separate rooms with private bathrooms in their homes
* Traveller's health should be stable
* None of the household members nor the traveller should be in the high-risk category
* First-aid kit, including a thermometer, must be available at home
* Transportation from airport to home must be arranged by the traveller
* At home, traveller must abide by instructions via the Covid-19 smart app
* Traveller must monitor symptoms and ensure constant temperature checks
* Traveller must wear a disposable surgical mask at all times and change it frequently
* Traveller must cover mouth and nose with tissue when coughing and/or sneezing; Place used tissues in a bin and wash hands immediately with soap and water after coughing/sneezing
* Wash hands before touching things, after using bathrooms, etc.
* Surfaces in shared areas such as door handles etc. should be cleaned daily
* Wash laundry thoroughly and separately and hang it for exposure to sun
Biden also ramped up his criticism of the president's handling of the ... READ MORE
The Community Solidarity Fund Against COVID-19 has paid Dh184,040 to... READ MORE
The 'Forrest Gump' and 'Philadelphia' Oscar-winner in March became... READ MORE
PM also announces the extension of a scheme providing free food... READ MORE
On May 13, the UAE Vice-President had announced he would make changes ... READ MORE
He fell asleep in the waiting area of Terminal 3 as the other 426... READ MORE
Passengers disappointed as two repatriation flights from the UAE... READ MORE
Residents of the area received an alert on their phones about the... READ MORE