Step-by-step guide for UAE residents stranded abroad to apply for return travel
Do not book travel tickets unless you obtain an approval for your application.
Residents stranded outside the UAE due to Covid-19-triggered travel restrictions can start returning to the country from June 1. The announcement made late on Monday comes as a relief for many families who have a loved one stuck abroad.
Earlier, residents had to register on a Ministry of Foreign Affairs service called Twajudi, which fast-tracked the return of humanitarian or special cases.
Now, these residents can register on the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).
Here is the step-by-step process:
1. Remember: Do not book travel tickets unless you obtain an approval for your application.
2. Documents required:
- Colour photo
- Copy of residency
- Passport copy
- Proof for visit abroad (this can be a letter from the workplace, education institution or flight ticket if the reason was tourism)
3. Visit the smartservices.ica.gov.ae homepage, or click here to directly access the service.
4. Scroll down to the last option on the list of smart services: 'OTHER SERVICES - RESIDENTS OUTSIDE UAE - ENTRY PERMISSION - ISSUE'
5. Click on 'Start service'.
6. Fill the e-form, attach documents, review your application and submit.
Biden also ramped up his criticism of the president's handling of the ... READ MORE
770 mosques reopen following easing of Covid-19 restrictions, with... READ MORE
The Community Solidarity Fund Against COVID-19 has paid Dh184,040 to... READ MORE
The 'Forrest Gump' and 'Philadelphia' Oscar-winner in March became... READ MORE
Starting today, expatriate residents stranded abroad will no longer... READ MORE
The winners plan to use the money to pay off loans and support... READ MORE
The bank encountered "teething problems" while upgrading its systems, ... READ MORE
The RTA recently restarted bus operations to Ras Al Khaimah and Ajman. READ MORE