Dubai Covid vaccine: Who can get the jab for free and how
Step-by-step process to book appointments that are compulsory to get the vaccine.
Dubai residents need appointments to get a Covid-19 vaccine, the emirate's health regulator has said.
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) currently offers the Sinopharm, Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines against Covid-19. You can book an appointment and schedule your free jab using either the DHA mobile application, or by calling its contact centre.
Currently, the vaccines are available only to Dubai citizens and residents aged 60 and above; Dubai government employees; those with chronic health conditions; people of determination and frontline workers.
>> How to book an appointment with the DHA app:
1. Open the app on your phone and click on “Book Covid-19 Vaccine”.
2. Proceed to “Pre-Assessment” and answer all the relevant questions.
3. Select the location of the centre where you’ll take the vaccine.
4. Choose the “Time and Date” of your appointment.
5. Click on “Confirm booking” to finalise your appointment.
>> Book via the DHA Contact Centre:
1. Dial 800-DHA (800-342) and listen to your options carefully. Choose your language accordingly.
2. Press 1 to select the Covid-19 vaccine option.
3. Press 1 to select the vaccine appointment option.
4. Choose your vaccine type. Press 1 for the Sinopharm vaccine, 2 for AstraZeneca or 3 for Pfizer-BioNTech.
5. Confirm your booking.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged officials to ensure seamless and... READ MORE
India's crisis highlights the need to increase investment in the... READ MORE
Measures taken by government successful in controlling spread of the ... READ MORE
Previous studies had shown it was linked to a higher likelihood of... READ MORE
Oman has suspended travel from Pakistan, India and Bangladesh until... READ MORE
Work is worship, says Hamad Ali Abdul Al Salam Al Muaini, a model... READ MORE
Total vaccine doses administered: 9.9 million. READ MORE
Officials have repeatedly warned residents not to fall for the sob... READ MORE