Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia confirms 472 new Covid-19 cases
A Saudi man walks past a poster depicting Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, after a curfew was imposed to prevent the spread of Covid-19, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 25, 2020.
Dubai - There have been a total of 65 deaths and 805 recoveries in the Kingdom, the Ministry of Health revealed.
Saudi Arabia reported 472 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 4,934, the Ministry of Health revealed.
The ministry added that 44 people have today recovered from the disease, making a total of 805 recoveries in the Kingdom.
It also reported that there have also been six deaths, with the total amount of fatalities now numbering 65.
Saudi Arabia has witnessed an increase in cases in crowded neighbourhoods, with officials urging all those living in these neighbourhoods to commit to staying at home and applying the highest rates of precaution.
Health minister, Dr Tawfiq Al-Rabiah, said: "We want everyone's commitment. We are facing a big challenge. Everyone must stay at home and not go out except for necessity. We are in one boat."
On Sunday, the ministry said that 40,000 people had been quarantined since the beginning of the pandemic, and only 7,000 remain in quarantine, including those who recently returned from overseas.
Early on Sunday, Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, approved the extension of a curfew until further notice due the ongoing spread of Covid-19, the official news agency SPA announced.
Saudi Arabia imposed a 24-hour curfew and lockdown on the cities of Riyadh, Tabuk, Dammam, Dhahran and Hofuf and throughout the governorates of Jeddah, Taif, Qatif and Khobar.
Authorities had already sealed off the holy cities of Makkah and Medina along with Riyadh and Jeddah, barring people from entering and exiting as well as prohibiting movement between all provinces.