Coronavirus news bulletin: UAE reports 1,096 Covid-19 cases; stick to rules to help UAE reach ‘final recovery stage’
A round-up of major developments related to Covid-19 across the country.
Here's a round-up of all the latest Covid-19 developments you need to know:
UAE reports 1,096 Covid-19 cases, 742 recoveries, 3 deaths
The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention on Tuesday reported 1,096 cases of the Covid-19 coronavirus, along with 742 recoveries. Three deaths were also reported. As many as 135,883 new tests were carried out, taking the total to over 14.35 million Covid-19 tests so far. In a major announcement yesterday, those suffering from medical conditions that can be aggravated by wearing a face mask can now be exempted from wearing one. The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) and Dubai Police have asked residents with certain medical conditions to apply for permits for exemption from wearing face masks by visiting http://dxbpermit.gov.ae. The application will be processed within five days. After you apply, DHA’s General Medical Committee Office will evaluate the application, which must include a medical report confirming the applicant suffers from medical problems that can be aggravated by face masks.
Stick to Covid rules, help UAE reach ‘final recovery stage’
For the UAE to be able to reach the “final recovery stage”, residents’ compliance with all Covid-19 safety measures is a must, a government official said on Tuesday. Calling Covid-19 the ultimate test of resilience, Dr Saif Al Dhaheri, official spokesperson for the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority, said the UAE is one of the countries that was able to control the situation by making every possible effort. It has also entered the planning stage for recovery, for which it had set up a national committee. “Many sectors have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, especially the health sector, economy, tourism, sports, education, aviation and transport. However, the proactive policy adopted by the UAE has allowed us to contain the situation and gradually bring back normalcy to life,” Dr Al Dhaheri said.
7 days’ quarantine for international passengers still mandatory in Kerala
International passengers coming to Kerala will still have to undergo mandatory seven days' quarantine, a state government official said while rubbishing some media reports which claimed that it has been scrapped. Dr A Kowsigan IAS, commissioner, disaster management at the Kerala State Disaster Management Authority, told Khaleej Times the quarantine order for international passengers, which was issued in September this year, stands as it is. Dr Kowsigan said the state has made no decision to revise its quarantine regulations even though the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare updated the quarantine protocols on November 5. “All asymptomatic incoming passengers must mandatorily undergo seven days' home quarantine, which will be followed by a Covid-19 test from a laboratory nearest to their home in Kerala,” said Dr Kowsigan.
More than half of Dubai students back in classrooms: KHDA
More than half of all students in Dubai have already returned to their classrooms for face-to-face learning this school year, according to the latest data of the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). A total of 53 per cent of schoolkids are now sitting for face-to-face classes but they also have virtual lessons. The remaining students, 47 per cent, continue to study through full-time distance learning, based on the KHDA’s private school landscape data for 2020-21. “Schools have demonstrated their ability to deliver learning in a safe and healthy environment amid the current circumstances. With many schools transitioning to 100 per cent face-to-face learning, confidence among schools and families to return to a normal learning experience is rising,” the authority said in a statement.
Further testing showed that the material could be hand-washed at... READ MORE
Tests also established stability at room temperature for up to 24... READ MORE
The decision will help nurseries improve their business after the... READ MORE
The finding has implications for detection of coronavirus by RT-PCR. READ MORE
Children, pregnant women will not be given Covid-19 vaccine during... READ MORE
PCB CEO Wasim Khan said a clear picture would come only by April READ MORE
The ceremony was also attended by officials of the families of... READ MORE
'Leadership and people recognise the frontliners who sacrificed their ... READ MORE