Combating Covid-19: What does an isolation facility in UAE look like
In matter of 15 days, 350 rooms were built to accommodate patients.
In a recent video released by Dubai Health Authority (DHA), viewers are given an inside look into the coronavirus, Covid-19 isolation facilities.
Abdulla Abdulrazzaq Balouma, the director of general services & administration affairs department shares some insight on the isolation process once patients are out of ICU.
In matter of 15 days, 350 rooms were built to accommodate patients while they stabilize post being admitted in the ICU. The building has many technicalities and a lot went into preparing the building so that it adheres to the highest medical standards, which include:
- Achieving 97% cleanliness by constantly disinfecting and sanitizing.
- The AC system required a lot of work because the air outside is considered positive and the air inside is considered negative. It is important that the air does not mix.
- Garbage bins that are specifically made for the disposal of contagious items are situated in an isolated area.
- There are sanitizers and signage throughout the building to ensure that the medical staff are protected at all times.
- There entertainment areas which includes; TVs, coffee makers, phones and other amenities which provides comfort and allows patients to feel at home.
- Patients are provided with five meals a day in order to build a strong immune system. The meals served are chosen by the Nutrition Management Team.
Attention to detail is prioritized in order to ensure infection control and that patients are given the best standard of treatment through their course of recovery.
A lot of time and effort went into the preparation and it required involvement from the entire government infrastructure as well as the DHA.
Many staff members are unable to see their families for days in order to ensure that the rooms are ready for patients. The DHA has appealed to all, to stay at home.
The health authorities are surely keeping the momentum going with the ... READ MORE
The inescapable space shared during the initial days of the pandemic... READ MORE
This initiative is in line with UAE's plan to vaccinate more than 50... READ MORE
Doctors said private parties irresponsibly held during the festive... READ MORE
Experts studying the data from clinical trials say volunteers who had ... READ MORE
More than 23 million tests have been carried out across the country... READ MORE
More than 600 injured and thousands displaced from the series of... READ MORE
Experts report success of saliva PCR testing for children below 12... READ MORE