Combating coronavirus: How to get your UAE rent contract attested online with new e-service
The goal is to allow the public to complete all their municipality transactions online and provide the civic body's support via a remote system.
Now, you can get your residential lease attested and renewed via the Sharjah Municipality website, the civic body announced on Sunday.
Part of digital transformation efforts to curb the spread of coronavirus, the new e-service for residential lease attestation can be found under the 'rent regulation department' options on the website, portal shjmun.gov.ae
Thabet Al Tarifi, director-general of the Sharjah Municipality, said several services on lease contract renewals - on top of other services for individuals and businesses - were made available online to organise matters between tenants and landlords.
Al Tarifi said that amid this Covid-19 situation, the goal is to allow the public to complete all their municipality transactions online and provide the civic body's support via a remote system.
Khalid bin Falah Al Suwaidi, assistant director-general of the municipality's customer service sector, explained that to avail of the e-service, it is best to create an account on the website. Once registered, the user will be able to access the portal easily at any time.
Here's how you can get your lease attested online:
* Visit portal.shjmun.gov.ae and create an accounAl Suwaidi said the municipality is working round the clock to attend to all inquiries and feedback, which they receive via their hotline 993 and other channels.
* Go to the home page and select the 'e-services' tab under 'individual services'
* Click on 'rent regulation department services'
* Choose 'residential lease attestation' on the drop-down menu
* You will be asked to enter your username and password
* Print the first and second pages of the contract form, fill it out, sign and then scan it with the rest of the required documents
* Upload and then submit
* The municipality will send a fee payment link via e-mail and the complete the payment
* You will them receive text messages on the status of your application