>

Priyanka Chopra hits back at journalist questioning her 'Oscars' credibility

CT Report/London
Filed on March 17, 2021
Photo/Twitter

Priyanka's fans also rose to her defence on Twitter.

When an Australian journalist questioned Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra’s credibility to announce Oscar nominations, he probably wasn’t prepared for the latter’s quick response.

The celebrity couple announced the Oscar nominations — actors, directors and films — on Monday via a livestream event from London.

Peter Ford wrote, “No disrespect to these two but I’m not sure their contribution to movies qualifies them to be announcing Oscar nominees.”

Priyanka snapped back on Twitter, “Would love your thoughts on what qualifies someone. Here are my 60+ film credentials for your adept consideration,” tagging the journalist and sharing a video that scrolled through her IMDb profile.

Her fans were quick to show support on Twitter.

“Not only does this diminish a woman’s career but also disregards the importance of World Cinema and it’s presence at the Oscars. Like film doesn’t just revolve around American movies,” wrote one.

“A basic google search would’ve shown @mrpford Priyanka’s super long list of highly esteemed credentials and achievements,” another fan tweeted in support.

“Tell them not everything revolves around white people. theres nothing more satisfying than seeing a white “man” find out there are more industries than Hollywood.. and even worse, than those are kinda better,” another said.

Ford also probably didn’t take into account the fact that The White Tiger which Chopra Jonas produced and acted in is up for an Academy nod in the Best Adapted Screenplay section.

The journalist who turned the privacy mode on on his Twitter feed following the backlash from her enormous supporters, however still seemed unrepentant.

While he went on to admit in a later interview that her movie credentials were “certainly more considerable than he realised” he insisted, “However this doesn’t change my opinion of your selection or that of your husband for this particular exercise.”

Speaking to 6PR Breakfast host Gareth Parker, Ford was quoted by publications as saying the backlash “doesn’t phase” him but was on a much bigger scale than anything he’d dealt with before.

“Suddenly you have 27 million people tweeting you about what a horrible person you are,” he said.

The actress has previously addressed the challenges of trying to make a career in Hollywood post her A-list success in Bollywood.

Priyanka will next be seen in the fourth Matrix movie. She has also finished the shoot for Text for You in London.





 
 
 
khaleejtimes
khaleejtimes

Video | Nation

Iftar recipe video of the day: Middle...
khaleejtimes
khaleejtimes

Video | Nation

Watch: Dubai on the trail of dolphins,...
khaleejtimes
khaleejtimes

Video | Sports

IPL with Cricketwallah: Who will win today's ...
khaleejtimes
khaleejtimes

Video | Videos

Video: Covid-19 in India, new restrictions...
khaleejtimes
khaleejtimes

Video | Sports

IPL with Cricketwallah: Who will win today's ...
khaleejtimes
khaleejtimes

Video | News Bulletins

KT Morning Chat: New Covid curbs in India;...