5 fashion hacks to keep kids cool this summer
Ensure the young and fashionable beat the heat
The temperatures are rising and it's not just adults who need to look and stay cool. Children also require summer outfits to match the season. Whether lounging in the rays at the beach or staying indoors in the cool air, you need something for every occasion.
1. Keep light, stay fresh: The first thing to do when selecting clothes to keep kids cool is to consider the colour palette of fabrics. Darker colours absorb more light and heat, while lighter colours reflect. Stock up on colourful t-shirts.
2. Cotton t-shirts: A cotton t-shirt is not only a staple wardrobe item that brings a lot of mileage, they are also light and breathable. For little ones there is no reason not to have a collection of tees at the ready.
3. Invest in smart shorts: Like the classic t-shirt, shorts are a no-brainer when it comes to dressing kids for hot weather. There are many styles to choose from - tennis shorts, denim, swimming trunks and running shorts. The most versatile options are going to be denim shorts and swimming trunks, says Max Fashion the brains behind the tips. Denims and trunks can be worn daily, so it might be wise to stock up on multiple pairs. Swimming trunks are versatile taking kids from playroom to poolside, so will always remain on the list of summer essentials.
4. Create shade with a cap: It is never a good idea to let the sun sizzle down on an unprotected crown. Grab a cap to keep the sun off hot hair. Not only can a cap provide shade for the face, it also works well with casual styling.
5. Put your cool foot forward: Sliders are right up there on the list of footwear that will keep small feet cool during hot weather. Not only do they look great when paired with shorts and shirts, but they are so practical too. They're great for wearing at the beach but why not around the house.