Mumbai Police is capable of handling Sushant death case: Maharashtra Home Minister

Anil Deshmukh feels that a CBI investigation is not required



By CT Report

Published: Fri 17 Jul 2020, 12:01 PM

Last updated: Sat 18 Jul 2020, 11:29 AM

Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh has said there is no need for a CBI investigation into actor Sushant Singh Rajput's death.
"I have seen the tweets and the campaign. But I don't think that a CBI probe is required. The Mumbai Police is competent enough to handle such cases, and they are investigating every aspect of the case including professional rivalry. As of now, we do not see any foul play. Details of the investigation will be shared once it is completed," Deshmukh told the Mid-Day newspaper.
Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide on June 14. And ever since then, his fans have been demanding a CBI inquiry into the death. Sushant's girlfriend and actor Rhea Chakraborty too had tweeted on Thursday in which she tagged Home Minister Amit Shah seeking a CBI probe.
"Respected @AmitShah sir, I'm Sushant Singh Rajput's girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. It has been over a month since his sudden demise. I have complete faith in the government. However, in the interest of justice, I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI inquiry into this matter. I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step. Yours sincerely #satyamevajayat," Rhea wrote in her tweet.


More news from City Times