Welsh businesses to attend ADIPEC 2020 as part of virtual UAE trade mission
Filed on November 8, 2020 | Last updated on November 9, 2020 at 10.03 am
From 9 November 2020, a delegation of twenty-three businesses will be joining the virtual ADIPEC 2020 conference as part of a four-day virtual trade mission to the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The companies, which are prime examples of the best Wales has to offer from across the energy, engineering and manufacturing sectors, will be taking part in the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) 2020. This year, to minimise attendees' risk of contracting COVID-19, the companies will be able to attend remotely via the conference's virtual platform.
ADIPEC is taking place from November 9 - 12 and this year's theme is energy transition.
The Welsh Government has had a presence in the UAE since 2004, when it opened a permanent office at the British Embassy in Dubai. Its remit is to promote Wales and represent the nation's trade interests across the whole Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
The importance of the MENA Office's operation has been underlined by the high value of Welsh exports to the markets it oversees. Between 2013 and 2019, exports of goods from Wales to the region reached a cumulative total of £6.7 billion, while the UAE is the eighth largest global export market for Wales.
The Welsh businesses exhibiting at ADIPEC include:
- Amnitec: Manufacturer of Flexible metallic hose & assemblies
- BJ Seals Specialists in the development and supply of a wide variety of components
- British Rototherm: Specialises in the manufacture of process instruments for the measurement of temperature, pressure, flow, density and level.
- Chemostrat: A world-leader in high quality stratigraphic services delivering regional to reservoir-scale, high resolution stratigraphic correlations.
- Concrete Canvas: Innovative industrial materials business manufacturing their patented 'concrete on a roll'.
- Elmac: Manufacturer of flame arresters and tank protection equipment, based in the North Wales.
- Flamgard Engineering: Manufacturers of high integrity HVAC dampers to the global oil and gas, marine, defence, tunnel and metro and power generation sectors.
- Freudenberg Oil & Gas Technologies: Family-owned corporation manufacturing high integrity pipeline connectors.
- Future Geoscience: Manage multidisciplinary workflows, integrated wellsite solutions, integrated reservoir quality studies and provide a one-stop shop for stratigraphic and reservoir solutions.
- Hexigone Inhibitors: has developed a globally unique, sustainable and high-performance corrosion inhibitor which has been independently proven to increase the longevity of metal assets by up to 50%, reducing the drain on natural resources and outlay on maintenance cycles.
- Hornbill Engineering: A full-service electrical engineering provider, offering a full turnkey solution through high voltage, low voltage, ATEX, systems, control and automation.
- Huntingdon Fusion Techniques: Inventors, designers and manufacturers of pipe weld purging products.
- Imtex Controls: Privately owned engineering company specialising in the production and supply of advanced, high integrity valve actuation, communication and control systems for the energy, marine, process and low carbon industries
- InSite Technical Services: Providers of engineering design, consultancy and support to a variety of clients in the energy sector including oil refining, LNG, nuclear and renewables.
- Morris Line Engineering: Long-established electrical engineering company specialising in the design and manufacture of 12kV - 132kV high voltage airbreak disconnectors and switches.
- PetroStrat: A stratigraphic consultancy that provides a comprehensive suite of geological services to the Oil and Gas industry worldwide.
- Site Heat - treatment Services: Well-established company who offer a specialist service in thermal engineering.
- Teddington Engineered Solutions: Providers of an extensive range of metallic and non-metallic bellows and expansion joints.
- Tomoe Valve: Global leader in the production of high quality and technically advanced butterfly valves, actuators and control systems.
- Tritech Group: Organisation providing a full range of advanced and integrated manufacturing solutions.
- UnitBirwelco: International engineering and construction contractor and thermal equipment manufacturer.
- Wrexham Mineral Cables: The UK's only manufacturer of Fire Survival MICC cables.
As part of the conference, businesses in attendance will be taking part in virtual 1-2-1 business meetings, as well as in organised partner events such as EIC webinars, with exhibitors provided with virtual platforms to showcase their products and services.
Wales is a self-governing constituent country of the UK and the Welsh Government is the devolved Government for Wales. Devolved since 1999, the Welsh Government's decision-making powers within a small and joined-up country mean we can cut red-tape and act fast. They also mean we are responsible for our own economic development, so you won't find a more pro-business Government anywhere. Wales has a strong industrial heritage that has shaped our confident, creative and ambitious economy of today.
We have strength in depth in high value manufacturing, food and drink, technology, life sciences, consumer products and clean energy.
Our commitment to sell Wales to the world has never been more focussed and this market visit provides an ideal platform for us to build on established links and to discuss future export opportunities.
This is Export. This is Wales.
This content comes from KT Engage, the brand marketing unit of Khaleej Times.