Sharjah okays fresh Dh512M stimulus to combat Covid effects
Incentives emanate from SEC's keenness to enhance the continuity of development in various fields, mitigate severity of economic and social impacts
Upon the directives of His Highness Dr Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah and Chairman of the Sharjah Executive Council (SEC), has approved the second stimulus package of Sharjah government incentives to support government and private entities, business sectors and individuals in order to boost business continuity and development in various fields and mitigate the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
The value of the package amounts to Dh512 million, up from the first package’s Dh481 million.
These incentives emanate from the SEC's keenness to enhance the continuity of development in various fields and mitigate the severity of economic and social impacts that the world is witnessing during this critical period.
Sharjah Electricity, Water and Gas Authority
• Payment of fees on installments of the electricity, water and natural gas services for owners of economic, commercial and industrial establishments in several installments that may exceed two years, in order to contribute to alleviating the financial burdens facing them
• Support for the owners of various establishments by providing free technical consultations before starting the project to design and implement electricity, water and gas services extensions to save the cost of financial expenses
• Reduction in insurance fees for electricity, water and natural gas on economic, commercial and industrial establishments.
• Cancellation of fines for additional electricity loads in economic, commercial and industrial establishments
Municipalities of the Emirate of Sharjah
Reduction of fees for attesting residential lease contracts from four per cent to two per cent until March 31, 2021
Department of Economic Development
• Continuation of the exemption decision for the renewal of licences for economic establishments, including a fee of three months’ annual fees
• Deduction (50 per cent) from delay fines and inspection violations for economic establishments, provided that their owners amend their conditions within three months from the date of the decision
• A 50 per cent discount upon issuance of a licence for industrial establishments, in order to enhance the contribution of the industrial sector to GDP
• Exemption of private nurseries from all government fees for a year
Sharjah Real Estate Registration Department
Reduction of buyer fees for non-GCC citizens from four per cent to two per cent of the sale value.
Sharjah Department of Planning and Survey
Leasing of investment property: Investors are exempted from the rent value until the end of March 31, 2021
• Motorbike rental activity sites: Investors are exempted from the rent value until the end of March 31, 2021
• Renting shops: Exemption of tenants by 25 per cent of the rent value until the end of March 31, 2021
• Rental of temporary sites: Exemption of tenants by 25 per cent of the rent value until the end of March 31, 2021
• Extension of the payment period for 24 months for the splitting of multi-storey transactions
• Facilitating payments to investors and tenants by paying instalments for the returned cheques to the end of the current year
Private Education Authority
• Private nurseries: Exemption from fees for renewing educational licences for 94 nurseries for a year
• Private schools: Exemption from fees for renewing educational licences for 115 schools for an academic year
• Training centres: Exemption from educational licence renewal fees for 65 training centers for a year
Sharjah Seaports, Customs and Free Zones Authority
• Exemption of all merchant and wooden ships from berthing and loading fees in both the Sharjah Creek and Khor Hamriyah Free Zone
• Reduction fees due on port operations by 20 per cent on handling, loading and unloading fees, associated fees, and marine charges
• Exemption of all bulk cargo from storage fees for a period of 90 days
• Reduction the tariff of truck stops in Sharjah ports by 50 per cent within the designated areas
• Exempting all shipping and customs clearance companies from the bank guarantees required to carry out their activities.
• Exemption of all commercial companies from inspection fees
• Exempting companies operating in the free zones from fines for delaying the renewal of licences
• Exemption from visa fines in free zones
• 50 per cent discount on the corporate share transfer fee
• Discount from 20 per cent to 50 per cent on new licences, depending on the commercial activity
Sharjah Entrepreneurship Foundation (Ruwad)
Postponement the payment of installments for projects financed by the Foundation of three months installments
Roads and Transport Authority
• 50 per cent discount on RTA violations from January 1, 2020, until the end of the year for violations issued before November 1, 2020
• 25 per cent discount on rental fees for taxi plate numbers, starting from 1/7/2020 until the end of the year
• Exemption of limousine companies (Sharjah Transport Solutions, Bee’ah, Limousine Company) from trip fees for 2020
• Exemption of taxi vehicles and the operator of the public transport network from the following fees as of 7/1/2020 until the end of the year:
- Fees for quality control services for taxis and operator of transportation networks.
- Operating fees at Sharjah Airpor
- Rental fees for the bus stop to the operator of the public transport network and charges of concession fees
- Cancellation of RTA violations before 2015.
Department of Civil Aviation
Reducing licencing fees for travel companies, agencies and tourism companies by 50 per cent until 202
Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• 50 per cent discount for affiliated members of the Chamber from the previous fees until the end of 2018
• Exemption of companies from participation fees in the Sharjah Excellence Award.
Sharjah Book Authority, Sharjah Publishing City
Offering discounts of up to 35 per cent according to specific requirements and criteria that include:
Reducing the prices of comprehensive packages - new customers
• Reduction of fees for independent licences
• Reduction of rental fees
• Offer to reduce burdens for existing customers by rescheduling payments and exempting rental fees
• Providing facilities in the instalment payment system.
• Reducing the comprehensive licensing packages for newly-registered companies in the Business Centre.
• Discounts on independent licences
• Reduction in rental fees per square metre
• Offer to reduce burdens provided to existing clients by waiving rental fees and rescheduling payments.
Sharjah Media City (Shams)
• Providing licencing or renewal discounts of up to 30 per cent according to specific requirements and criteria.
• Offering a long-term (three-year) fee reductions for commercial licences.
• Offering competitive packages for specific categories such as the women entrepreneur package, the entrepreneur package, and the media companies in order to attract business and stimulate their growth
Leading Australian university tournament online due to Covid, still... READ MORE
The contraction is ebbing with gradual normalisation in activities... READ MORE
A website has been asking respondents to participate in a survey. READ MORE
Failure to register could lead to fines or imprisonment. READ MORE
Organisation for Economic Cooperation releases latest forecasts READ MORE
The Dubai Crown Prince highlighted the efforts of two participants in ... READ MORE
Nearly 17 million Covid-19 tests have been carried out in the country. READ MORE
President pays tribute to nation's frontliners in their fight against ... READ MORE