Nabeel Perfumes to extend expansion in 2016

Nabeel Perfumes to extend expansion in 2016
Mustafa Adam Ali

Dubai - The group registered 25 per cent year-on-year growth in the January to June 2015 period.



By Muzaffar Rizvi

Published: Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:00 AM

Last updated: Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:32 AM

The outlook for UAE's perfume industry is promising. Nabeel Perfumes Group of Companies will sustain an upward trend and post double-digit growth, its top executive said.
Mustafa Adam Ali, managing director, Nabeel Perfumes Group of Companies, said his firm registered 25 per cent year-on-year growth in the January to June 2015 period and was hopeful of a similar trend in the second half of the year.
"We are focusing more on the retail side and are confident of sustaining up to 30 per cent growth in 2015," Ali told Khaleej Times on the sidelines of the 'World of Fragrance' exhibition held at the company's new facility at Sharjah Airport Free Zone, or Saif Zone, on Tuesday.
Nabeel Perfumes recently moved into its new refurbished 25,000-plus square feet corporate headquarters at Saif Zone, costing Dh13 million. It has 200,000-plus square feet set up with an annual manufacturing capacity of 60 million-plus units.
Expansion plan
Ali said Nabeel Perfumes would continue its aggressive expansion in the region and key global markets as demand for its products is on the rise.
"We are investing heavily to expand the company's retail footprint," he said, adding that the company has inaugurated 33 out of 40-plus stores in the UAE and Gulf markets this year.
He said the group's retail expansion will continue next year as it plans to launch another 45 outlets in key markets across the globe.
"We are launching three to four outlets every month and the same trend is expected to continue until June 2016," he said.
He said the company's products under three brand names - Nabeel, Chris Adam and Spirit of Dubai - are being exported to more than 103 countries across the globe despite tough competition in the local and international markets.
"We are not afraid of competition and are among trend setters in the perfume market. Everyone in the market is vying for dollars but only those who come up with innovative concepts and out-of-the-box ideas will lead," he said.
To a question, he said the company introduces 15 new products every year and exports almost 60 per cent to international markets. The remaining 40 per cent is consumed in the UAE and Gulf region.
He said the company's products target both genders, with female customers getting a bit more preference.
"We believe in vertical growth rather than expanding a horizontal base. Right now, the focus is to understand the demographics of our markets instead of exploring more markets for the company's products."
He said the company has established hubs in India, United Kingdom, United States, Australia and all Gulf states to speed up deliveries.
Nabeel Perfumes Group of Companies is among the top manufacturers of perfumes in the Arabian Peninsula and pioneers in traditional Arabian Bakhoor and Oudh manufacturing. The company, which established base in the Saif Zone in 2002, is the largest incense manufacturer in the region.
- muzaffarrizvi@khaleejtimes.com


More news from Local Business