While the dream of harnessing nuclear fusion as a primary source of clean energy may still be decades away, international collaborations are actively working to accelerate this timeline
The assets identified for the IPO are oil & gas exploration blocks 85 per cent owned by Kampac and the remaining 15 per cent by Petrosen, Senegal's National Oil Company (Petrosen).
These two assets will be spun-off into companies to float their shares. Very few companies from the region have so far looked at the possibilities of listing their shares on overseas exchanges.
Earlier this week Khaleej Times had reported that Tejoori Limited, a Dubai-based company, is planning to list its shares on London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market (AIM) by the end of the year. Another Dubai-based company, Al-Thani Investments is also said to be eyeing London listing.
Kampac has recently acquired two blocks — one onshore and the other offshore in Senegal. Charles Ampofo, chairman of Kampac Oil Middle East said the offshore block called St Louis, will be the asset being considered for a public offering. Multinational Asian oil exploration companies including Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) are already in negotiation with Kampac for stakes in the St. Louis block.
Ajit Nair, one of the directors of the company said Kampac is currently in talks with a few companies, to offer 20 per cent of Kampac's holding in St Loius, through a private placement. If this works out, the remaining interests in the block held by Kampac will be offered to the public through an IPO which will be finalised soon,” Nair further added.
The mechanics of the private placement as well as the IPO that will follow are being done by a Geneva-based fund management company New Generation Capitas. Nair said there are probable reserves of between three to six trillion cubic feet (TCF) of gas, and 400 million barrels of oil as identified in the St Louis block and Louga Block.
According to Kampac sources, the private placement alone will fetch about $100 million. Kampac Oil, which has recently concluded a $70 million Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a floating oil storage facility in Ghana, has strong presence in western African states. It is in the process of finalising 600,000cbm crude oil storage farm and a 100,000 barrel/day refinery for a Venezuela company. The company is in the final stages of negotiations for oil & gas exploration blocks in Ghana, Chad, Congo, and Angola, in addition to those in Senegal.
The company officials said Kampac has also plans to enter the retail petroleum business, and the company has already identified places where it can acquire retail business network already in operation. Kampac Oil has 17 offices worldwide covering Asia, Africa, Europe, North and South Americas.
They will join their colleagues, including doctors and nurses who have started treating and giving medical assistance for the injured
Israeli military says it bombed underground tunnel shafts and attacked a squad of Palestinian gunmen preparing an ambush
A seventh defeat in 16 league games in charge for Pochettino sees Chelsea slip into the bottom half
City still have work to do to regain control of their bid for an unprecedented fourth successive top-flight title
Closest final in SailGP history sees New Zealand take victory from Australia and Canada
The Dubai 2023 International will be the last Para Badminton event of the season in the BWF calendar