Two accused of assault on worker, causing death

DUBAI — Two men were on trial on Sunday in the Court of First Instance on the charge of assaulting a worker and causing his death.

By Mary Nammour

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Tue 19 Oct 2010, 12:03 AM

Last updated: Mon 6 Apr 2015, 4:29 PM

The two defendants, who work as security guards, allegedly assaulted the victim by hitting him on face and chest with their fists, unintentionally causing his death.

An Emirati policeman said he received a call on March 1 from the Operation Room of the Dubai Police about a fight at a construction site of a contracting company in Al Barsha.

“When I reached there I found a gathering of workers including the defendants”. The policeman was led to the place where the victim was “lying on his back”. He then called the air rescue and by the time it arrived the victim was already dead. An Egyptian site supervisor said that a fight occurred between the workers of the contracting firm and another firm.

“The other workers were not allowed into the site and that was the reason of their fight”.

The forensic physician said that the death was natural because of heart artillery failure.

He said that even though there were no pathologic symptoms on the deceased, he had a stroke which damaged partly the heart muscle. In his report, the physician said he did not see any marks of injury on the victim’s body and his heart condition was what caused his death.

Witnesses confirm having seen the defendants assaulting the victim with punches on his face and chest after he tried to enter the site for evening prayers.

Student on trial

DUBAI — A student stood trial on Sunday in the Court of First Instance on charges of kidnapping a female teenager and molesting her.

According to court records, the 20-year-old Emirati student also had an accomplice who died before the beginning of trial.

According to the arraignment sheet of the Public Prosecution, the two students lured the 17-year-old teenager into their car and drove her to the house of the defendant where he molested her. The teenager told the investigating prosecutor that the deceased had lured her to ride with him so that the men would erase her photos from his mobile phone.

She said that she agreed to meet them near a library on March 10. But they forced her into their car by grabbing her by the shoulder.

A 20-year-old Emirati man said in the investigation that he met the teenager in Festival City and she allegedly told him that men had kidnapped her and that they were watching her.

A forensic doctor who examined the teenager said that she found traces of semen in her. The Criminal Lab report indicated that the DNA of the semen matched with the defendant’s.

More news from