Spark triggered Ghayati fire

ABU DHABI — The fire that broke out in a garbage dump in Ghayati on Wednesday was caused by an electric spark emanating from a lamppost near the site.



By A Staff Reporter

Published: Fri 18 May 2007, 11:26 AM

Last updated: Sun 5 Apr 2015, 4:25 AM

This was stated here yesterday by a source in the operations room of Western Region police.

The source added that prompt action by Civil Defence personnel and firefighters prevented the fire from spreading.

No loss of life or property was reported.


More news from