Seven suffer burns in RAK showroom fire

RAS AL KHAIMAH — At least seven workers suffered burns as they tried to extinguish a fire that broke out in a furniture showroom in Ras Al Khaimah on Monday evening.



By Sebugwaawo Ismail (Our staff reporter)

Published: Thu 3 Jul 2008, 1:14 AM

Last updated: Sun 5 Apr 2015, 5:59 PM

The fire destroyed most of the furniture in the showroom.

A source from the Ras Al Khaimah Civil Defence said the fire was caused by an electric short circuit due to the faulty wiring in the building.

The official said seven workers of the showroom, including two Egyptians and five Indians, suffered minor and moderate burns on their hands and legs and some others felt suffocation as they tried to put out the fire before the firefighters arrived.

All the injured were shifted to Saqr Government Hospital and discharged after treatment later.

Firefighters rushed to the scene immediately after receiving the information and managed to control the fire using two water tankers before it spread to the nearby shops.


More news from