Man dies, 6 in hospital after suffocation

SHARJAH — One person died and six others were being treated in Al Dhaid Hospital after surviving suffocation as a result of inhaling fumes emanating from the wood and coal fire over the past three days.

By Mohsen Rashid (Our staff reporter)

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Fri 25 Jan 2008, 9:47 AM

Last updated: Sun 5 Apr 2015, 5:56 PM

In the first case, five Pakistani labourers were taken ill at a farm house after inhaling the fumes.

They were discovered by the farm house owner in various stages of unconscious.

One of them died later. The remaining four were recuperating in the hospital.

In the second case, a Sudanese couple cried for help after getting choked by the fumes.

They were rescued by the neighbours and rushed to the hospital.

They were said to be in a stable condition yesterday.

More news from