Man comes to UAE to resign, found dead in his car

Man comes to UAE to resign, found dead in his car

Sharjah - His wife had found a job in Ireland, and he had travelled with her to the country for a two-week visit.

By Anu Warrier

Published: Fri 4 Aug 2017, 2:42 PM

An Indian expat who returned to Sharjah from Ireland, where he was with his family, was found dead in a parked car on Wednesday.

The man's relatives said he had been missing from August 1, two days after he returned from Ireland to resign from his job in Sharjah and join them.

The body of Dixon, 35, from Perumbavoor in the south Indian state of Kerala, was recovered from a car parked in Al Qulayaa area of Sharjah on Wednesday night. He was working with a firm in the Sharjah Airport Free Zone for the past nine years.

Sharjah Police confirmed that they have recovered the partially-decomposed body of Dixon from inside a parked car on Wednesday.

According to police officials, they received a complaint at Wasit Police Station in Sharjah on August 1 that Dixon had been missing. The police started an investigation and there was no result until Wednesday evening, when they received a call from the man's relatives, saying that his car was found in a parking space.

Antony, a relative of Dixon, told Khaleej Times that they were searching for him from August 1. "We were returning from Ajman when we saw his car parked near the Sharjah Ladies Club. There was a smell of decomposed body when we got close to the car, and then saw him inside. We then called the police."

The body has been shifted to Al Kuwaiti Hospital morgue for further legal procedures, said the police.

According to another relative of Dixon, he was living in Sharjah with his family until last year. Then, his wife got employed in Ireland and shifted there. Dixon returned to Sharjah on July 30 after a two-week visit to his wife to resign from his job at Sharjah Airport Free Zone and move to Ireland.

"He called his wife around 9.30pm on July 31. The next day, she called us in the morning to say that he was not answering the phone. Till 10am on August 1, his phone was ringing and then it went switched off. We went to his house and found it locked. Then we called the police, who came and broke open the door. But there was nothing extraordinary and he was not there," said Antony.

The body will be repatriated to India once the legal procedures are over.
(With inputs from Afkar Abdullah)

More news from