Girl drinks pesticide mistaking it for juice in Sharjah

The girl was admitted to the intensive care unit of the hospital and the police were notified.



by

Afkar Ali Ahmed

Published: Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:58 AM

Last updated: Thu 25 Jun 2015, 10:21 PM

Sharjah — A nine-year-old girl fell unconscious after she drank pesticide mistaking it for juice. The Indian girl’s parents rushed her to Al Qasimiya Hospital and told doctors that she found the pesticide in her father’s car.

The girl was admitted to the intensive care unit of the hospital and the police were notified.

The police questioned the girl’s parents and sent a sample of the pesticide she drank to the forensic laboratory for analysis.

The girl will also be questioned, said the police. A doctor at the hospital said the girl is now in a stable condition.

afkarali@khaleejtimes.com


More news from