Etihad Airways Corporate Communications vice-president Iain Burns said nobody was harmed and the fire was quickly extinguished on the March 13 flight carrying 231 passengers.
“A smoke detector alarm went off in one of the aircraft’s toilets because an inconsiderate passenger had lit a cigarette, which is banned on all of our flights,” said Burns.“The cigarette lit some toilet paper which caused some small flames, but these were swiftly extinguished by our cabin crew, ” said Burns. The passenger was not arrested on arrival at the Abu Dhabi International Airport but has been banned by Etihad from further travel with it.
'The advances we have made, and the knowledge we have gained, must not be lost'
coronavirus3 hours ago
Airline had introduced a multi-risk travel insurance plan in July 2020
Travel3 hours ago
Starting Monday through January 15, Italian police can check whether diners in restaurants have a 'super' green health pass
World4 hours ago
Six out of 10 visitors now hold an Expo Season Pass; over 10,000 events hosted in just two months.
Expo 20204 hours ago
Authorities and airlines issue guidelines for a safe, smooth and hassle-free travel experience.
coronavirus4 hours ago
Cepacia syndrome is a fatal condition affecting the respiratory system combined with multiple organ failures
Health4 hours ago
Protein-rich, GI-tagged Kadaknath could be a rage in the region, says Madhya Pradesh minister
UAE5 hours ago