Car catches fire after driver lights cigarette
Pressurised liquid gas used in filling a lighter got accumulated in the car when two men were snorting it to get intoxicated.
A car burst into flames after liquid gas from a cigarette lighter got ignited when a man inside lit a cigarette.
The police said two young Arab men were snorting the liquid gas in their car when it caught fire. The car was close to Ajman’s Nuaimiya Towers at the time of the accident.
A senior police official on Sunday said pressurised liquid gas used in filling a lighter got accumulated in the car when the two men were snorting it to get intoxicated.
Lt-Col Khalid Mohammed Al Nuaimi, Chief of the Nuaimiya Police Station, said the duo admitted to sniffing the inflammable gas, saying they were addicted to it. “The car burst into flames after one of the two men lit a cigarette,” he said.
The Central Operations Room of the Ajman Police immediately dispatched civil defence officials, police and rescue teams to the spot. Later, traffic patrols and CID officers were summoned to secure and investigate the scene.
Lt-Col Al Nuaimi said the mishap took place at about 1am on Sunday. “The car caught fire, following which the two men managed to escape. They sustained minor burn injuries and were shifted to Khalifa Hospital for treatment and medical care. They are in a stable condition now,” he said.
The driver escaped unhurt as he left the vehicle when he saw smoke... READ MORE
A nurse on the beach spent nearly an hour trying to save him. READ MORE
The items were hidden under a container carrying foodstuff. READ MORE
Decree No. (26) of 2021 seeks to make Dubai a leading centre for... READ MORE
The event will also be graced by the presence of Sheikh Mohammed READ MORE
Only vaccinated guests or those presenting a green pass on the AlHosn ... READ MORE
The pavilion is considered to be one of the greenest pavilions at... READ MORE
Once the deadline passes, residents without a booster shot will see a ... READ MORE