10 UAE government jobs that expats can apply
Job seekers wait for their turn to be interviewed at a job fair in Dubai.
Dubai - Expats in the UAE can try the many opportunities available
If you are an expat looking for a job change, don't eye only the private ones. There is an array of government job opportunities that can help you widen your search. Who knows you may land up that dream government job!
More than 90 per cent of respondents to a survey in the UAE have revealed that they are looking for a new job in 2017, with a large majority saying that they have already set their career goal.
Bayt.com's 'Career Prospects in the Middle East' recent poll showed that 69 per cent of employers in the UAE are planning to hire in a year's time.
Many expatriates work in the private sector in UAE, but many of them have dreams to work in the government sector someday. There are several government job opportunities available for expats in the UAE. Let's take a look at some of the available options for expats in the country.
1. Dubai CultureDubai Culture aims to be at the forefront of the culture and arts strategy, set out by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, in the Strategy Plan 2015. Dubai Culture will build on Dubai's status as one of the most multicultural cities in the world, where East meets West, and will actively encourage over 200 nationalities living and working together in Dubai to contribute to the culture and arts renaissance.
Job: Manager - Exhibitions & CollectionsApply here
2. Dubai Government Media Office?Dubai Media Incorporated represents one of the biggest media organisations in the UAE and it also has its great mark on the regional front.
a. Strategy Analysts
b. Internal Audit Senior Manager
3. Dubai Women EstablishmentDubai Women Establishment (DWE) aims to encourage and facilitate the participation of Emirati women in the workforce and society.
Job title: Senior Sales OfficerApply here
4. Professional Communication CorporationNedaa - Professional Communication Corporation is a young institution and it provides services to institutions and companies in both public and private sectors.
Job title: Head of Sales and MarketingApply here
5. Dubai CustomsDubai Customs is fully committed to Dubai Government's initiative of Emiratisation to recruit and retain quality Emiratis and to meet the Nationalisation targets set by the Dubai Customs Strategic Human Resources plan.
Job title: Inspection OfficerApply here
6. Dubai Corporation for Ambulance ServicesThe ambul?ance services founded officially in Dubai in the beginning of 1977, under various names for different departments, providing multiple services.
Job title: First Aid Nurse - EmergencyApply here
7. Dubai Government Human Resource Department?The Dubai Government Human Resources Department's vision is based on establishing a distinguished and leading national role for the management, development and governance of human resources for the government sector.
a. Senior Graphic DesignerApply here: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Senior Partnerships Officer
c. Protocol Officer
8. Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing Establishment?Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing Establishment (MRHE) aims at providing appropriate housing to the nationals of the emirate of Dubai, by providing all the services related to housing the nationals under one umbrella through various alternatives.
Job title: Senior Social Researcher
9. Dubai Civil Aviation AuthorityThe Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA) is working towards maintaining and developing a leading status in the global aviation sector. The DCAA has established the Dubai Aviation Strategy for the period 2010 to 2020, in cooperation with the governmental and non-governmental stakeholders concerned.
Job title: System Engineer
10. Dubai MunicipalityThe Dubai Municipality continued its development coinciding with the growth of the Emirate of Dubai and reached to 11,000 employees working in 34 departments under six sectors. The Dubai Municipality is regarded as one of the largest governmental institutions in terms of services rendered and projects executed.
a. Mechanical EngineerApply here
b. Environmental Officer
c. Food Hygiene Inspection Officer
d. Veterinary Doctor
e. Civil engineer
For the best job in Dubai, check the listings on Buzzon.