Wknd. KTBuzzon Inspired Living Indulge City Times KT Mobile KT ePaper KT Competitions Subscribe KT
Khaleej Times
Khaleej Times Google Plus Page Khaleej Times Facebook Page Khaleej Times Twitter Page Khaleej Times on Instagram
  Inspired Living
  Parent Talk
  Used Cars
Quick links
Get a Dubai visit visa for a family member
Visit visas for immediate family members can be obtained by residents (called sponsors), whose monthly salary is not less than AED 4000 or AED 3000 + accommodation. More
List of EIDA Typing Centers
Get a driving license in Dubai
Driving licences can be obtained by adult UAE citizens/residents after training from an authorized driving school in Dubai. If you are 18-21 year of age, you can apply for a probationary licence. More
Renew your car registration in Dubai
You need to renew your car registration once every year. If you have purchased a new vehicle, the dealer will handle all formalities for the first year. More
Obtain a resident visa for your parents
UAE expatriates, holding valid resident visas having a minimum salary of AED 19,000 with accommodation or salary of AED 20,000 without accommodation can get one year renewable resident visas for their parents or parents-in-law. More
Convert a foreign driving license to drive in Dubai
You may be eligible to transfer your existing driving license, without having to take a driving test or going to a driving school, if you have a valid driving license from some countries. More
Avoid bringing banned items into the UAE
The UAE government prohibits drugs, narcotics and chemicals and before you enter the UAE, you are advised to take all precaution to ensure that you do not carry such substances; either in person, your luggage or in medicines you may be carrying. More
Get a health card in Dubai
In order to obtain a residency visa and labour card, all expatriates are required to undergo a medical and blood test. Employers usually arrange for all the necessary paperwork More
Report lost items in Dubai
If you have lost important documents or valuables, or your car/valuables have been stolen, you must notify the police in person, who will try to recover it within 48 hours, failing which they will issue you a formal report, so that you can apply for a replacement document or forward to your insurance company for a claim on your valuables. More
Get a telephone connection in Dubai
Getting a telephone connection in Dubai is easy and involves very little paper-work, with your telephone line being installed within 24 hours. More
Get a residency visa for a new born baby in Dubai
Congratulations if you have just had a baby. You must follow certain criteria for registration of your new baby. More
Register a used car in Dubai
These procedures are related to registering a used car. If you have purchased a new vehicle, you do not have to worry about registration, as the dealer will handle all the formalities. More
Get a Dubai Chamber membership
Dubai Chamber (earlier called Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry or DCCI) is concerned with registering natural and judicial persons licensed to practise all commercial, industrial and professional activities, whether the same are considered as main offices or subsidiaries. More
Get a mobile phone connection in Dubai
There are two mobile service options available from both etisalat and du, and each depends on your needs/requirements: standard GSM (post-paid) and pre-paid mobile service.  More
Get your postal mail in Dubai
In Dubai, mail is usually delivered to a P.O Box, though from January 2012, Emirates Post has introduced other home delivery options for villa and apartment residents. More
Open a bank account in Dubai
Opening a bank account in Dubai is very easy, although requirements vary from bank to bank. To open a current/checking account, you have to be a resident. However, some banks allow non-UAE residents to open saving accounts. More
Know more about work permits and contracts
In order for an expatriate employee to obtain a work permit, he/she should be sponsored by a licensed establishment registered with the Ministry of Labour. More
Amend an employment contract
This is a service offered by the ministry for companies/establishments interested in amending the employment contracts of their employees. More
Get an online work permit
An establishment can submit an application form for an online work permit to recruit an employee from outside the country. More
Join Car Pooling in Dubai
You can now car pool in Dubai, as long as you meet certain criteria set by RTA, which has created a new website called Sharekni (Arabic for ‘share with me’). More
Register your rental contract in Dubai
The Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) of Land Department has made it mandatory for all rental contracts to be registered through its arm called Ejari (Arabic for ‘my rent’). More
1 | 2
 FAJR  04:13  SHURUQ  05:33  DUHR  12:26
 ASR  15:53  MAGHRIB  19:16  ISHA  20:46
* Add four minutes for Abu Dhabi, deduct four minutes for
  Ras Al Khaimah and six minutes for Fujairah                  MORE

Currency Converter
Currency Converter
Today's Print Edition
Today's Print Edition
Read Khaleej Times Print Edition online.